tirsdag den 17. august 2010

Annual Opel GT Club Meeting 2010

This weekend we attended the annual Opel GT club Meeting, it was nice and cosy as always although the rain kept pouring down all Saturday. Here we are at our parking space:


Here is our large tent with hotdog stand and brewer's dray:

Here is Tiny Honk as the first in the line (from the left):

Nice butt(s), nice weekend:

Opel GT pillow - oh yes, we don't lack distinction:

Saturday afternoon we drove our usual motorcade, a nice long line of small cool GT's:

We drove to a café in the forest and we had to pack all our cars at the parking space:

The New Opel GT, one of the judges arrived in it. It is a big, modern monstrosity in my opinion:

We exhibited our small cars at Ringsted Outlet Center, and at the market square was a socalled "Family MC Day", where a lot, about 150 motorcycles, came and parked, so you could walk around and look and talk to the owners:

Here is a different Triumph:

We also saw some tank art, this cycle was really consistent with skulls at both tank, frame, guards and saddle bags:

Is it Merlin?

At the rear guard was written "Harley Cycles Rocks - Other Bikes Sucks" - that will always be a matter of opinion:

Well, I had my vintage dresses dry cleaned and they became almost like new, so I dressed myself up in the flowered one, and since several have asked for photos of me wearing it, I reluctantly post a photo here:

I hate seeing photos of myself, I think that's why I've chosen the role of the photographer. In my head I'm both younger and more beautiful, but that's a female thing, I suppose, deep sigh.
PS: Remember the photos can be clicked larger.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Looks like you had a fun weekend. I love your car. I chuckled at your comment regarding Merlin. I think ghost flames are always hard to figure out. One time I asked a guy why he wanted to paint Abraham Lincoln on his bike. He got offended and told me it was a warrior. I still thought it looked like Abraham Lincoln without his top hat. I just thought the guy was REALLY patriotic or a history buff. Then again, you don't see a lot of historians riding Harley Davidsons.

    Sanne, you look marvelous in your vintage dress. I wish I looked as fabulous as you do in my summer dresses. Great picture!

    SvarSlet
  2. Thank you, Gigi, I'm glad you think I look great, I think I look like a sour old woman, ha! Having thought about the tank picture I now think it is our old Danish God Thor, with all the lightning behind, but I'm not sure. You're right, their choice of art is not always obvious.

    SvarSlet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...