torsdag den 22. juli 2010

Staycation

I'm home from my vacation.
In fact I've been since Sunday, but the weather has been way to good to sit in front of the computer. Instead I've been sitting in my lovely vintage garden swing and knitted, yep, knitted!
I've been a bit dizzy of the heat and haven't had energy for anything else than relaxing in the shadow. 25 degrees celsius and cloudy weather is fine with me, but I will not complain about our rare Danish Summer weather.

I finished my bolero-shawl in less than two weeks during my vacation, and I am VERY proud of myself. I will try to remember to shoot af photo of it, but it is exactly alike this, just mixed grey tones:
It is really nice and I'm very fond of it.

I've bought yearn for another cardigan, dark red, which I miss in my collection - it was my SIL who lured, ahem. ;)

Well, back on track - "staycation", what is that for a thing? It is a contraction of the words "stay" and "vacation", meaning you spend your vacation at home. Definately a financial crisis trend, which we have practised for years without knowing there was a smart word for it.

11 years ago I got my the greatest gift of my life - a Summer cottage at the Isle of Moen. And since vi are so priviliged to own a cottage at one of the best beaches in Denmark, we decided we simply had to use it. So I decided that every second year we should spend our vacations at our cottage, because only going abroad every second year is fine with me.

If you want to read the story about how I got my nice little cottage, click here.
I hope your vacations have been fabulous too! :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...