torsdag den 5. december 2013

ALT for Damerne, December, 1955

It's time for some nostalgic Christmas spirit from 1955. I've scanned from Everything for the Ladies number 50 - yes, I've made a translation error, it is not All for the Ladies, and I will go back and correct this later - and I could hardly stop when I got started, so this is the great Christmas edition. Remember that all scans can be clicked into large format.

We are in the middle of December, because I fell completely in love with the cover - so perfectly Christmas:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
Notice the lovely Christmas decorations on the tree in the background. And THREE puppies! :)

Let's start with an article about Charlie Chaplin - Life and Laughter in the Garden of Happiness (unfortuntaly in Danish):
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

Here a SAHM has found a way to work from her home:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
She makes fairytale elves of cones and has created her own little business. And it was before Etsy.

Look at the photo at the top left, I don't think they are difficult to copy:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

Fashion is now about coats, because the season has gotten colder:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
I love the big check patterns and elegant fur collars.

Here is the second part about the coats and there is also a diagram and guide for making yourself something warm for your ears:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

But December is also a month with lots of parties and what shall we wear for all the dinner parties?
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
Well, an intermediate dress, of course. It looks very wearable for a lot of different occassions, because I think it all is in the accessories.

Bettina is wondering occurred every week in 1955:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
Here she wonders if Christmas is too long and how early you are allowed to start your Christmas preparations. I think it all depends on your temperament and life style. Each year, I try to start in good time, but it is not always I succeed.

Back then gifts were often home made, which the hood (above) is a good example of, but this letter box is a brilliant gift for him:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
Because then you don't have to look at all his paper mess. If I had talents within braiding round pith then I had made one for myself, because it would look lovely on my desk.

Dinner is served! Here is suggestions for all the dinners of the week:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

When writing your wish list ... Then you could do it lounging in your chaise longue wearing this elegant Asani night gown and pretend you are a movie star from Hollywood:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

But WHAT should you wish for? You can be practical and wish for one of these very smart and lovely coffee machines, that perhaps are too expensive to buy for yourself:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
My granny always used the one at the top left, she said it made the best coffee in the world.

But the one below right is fabulous, almost art:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

You can also wish for knitting yarn:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

And knit this lovely winter blouse with the great detail at the back:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

Or you can wish for these lovely warm boots:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
I have long wanted the model below left. I know they are reproduced, but either they are too expensive or I cannot find them in Europe (they get way to expensive if they get caught in customs, sigh). So if you know where to buy them in EU, please let me know.

BUT - you could also be completely unwise and wish for some perfume luxury from Arden:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
Just give me some of all of it, I cannot choose. :)

Or Dubarry face powder which gives the most beautiful teint in seconds:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

And 4711 is still around today, if that is your taste:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

Triumph promises Swing Action with their lovely slip:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50

Nivea cream was also popular back then, in fact I often use it as night cream during the winter months:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 50
Let's end with the nice and classic watch, which I wouldn't mind wearing.

Did you notice? I went directly to the ads without mentioning.

Merry Christmas to you all. :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...